Lih-Ann Li, Ph.D.
Division of Environmental Health and Occupational Medicine
EDUCATIONPh.D., The Ohio State Univ. Microbiology Columbus, Ohio USA, 1994.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES- Assoiciate Investigator, Division of Environmental Health and Occupational Medicine, National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan (2007-present)
- Assistant Investigator, Division of Environmental Health and Occupational Medicine, National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan (2001-2007)
- Assistant Professor, Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, Chang Gung University, Taiwan (1999-2001)
- Associate Research Fellow, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Research Center, Taiwan (1998-2001)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Laboratory of Dr. B. C. Chung, Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica (1996-1998)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Laboratory of Dr. J. J. Voorhees, Dermatology, Medical School, University of Michigan, USA (1994-1996)
RESEARCH INTERESTSDr. Li's research interests focus on (1) endocrine-disrupting mechanisms of environmental hormones and (2) healthy impacts of environmental hormones and phytohormones.
RESEARCH ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTSDr. Li has close collaboration with Biotechnology Research and Technology Center, Cheng-Shiu University on "Development of cell lines and methodology for dioxin bioassay."
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS1. Li LA*, Lin TCE. Interacting influence of potassium and polychlorinated biphenyl on cortisol and aldosterone biosynthesis. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 220: 252-261, 2007.
2. Li LA*. Polychlorinated biphenyl exposure and CYP19 gene regulation in testicular and adrenocortical cell lines. Toxicol in vitro 21(6): 1087-1094, 2007.
3. Hsu PC, Pan MH, Li LA, Chen CJ, Tsai SS, Guo YL. Exposure in utero to 2,2',3,3',4,6'-hexachlorobiphenyl (PCB 132) impairs sperm function and alters testicular apoptosis-related gene expression in rat offspring. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 221: 68-75, 2007.
4. Chang EE, Miao ZF, Lee WJ, Chao HR, Li LA, Wang YF, Ko YC, Tsai FY, Yeh SC, Tsou TC. Arecolin inhibits the 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-induced cytochrome P450 1A1 activation in human hepatoma cells. J Hazardous Materials 146: 356-361, 2007.
5. Lin TCE, Chien SC, Hsu PC, Li LA*. Mechanistic study of PCB126-induced CYP11B1 and CYP11B2 upregulation. Endocrinol 147: 1536-1544, 2007.
6. Chao HR, Tsou TC, Li LA, Tsai FY, Wang YF, Tsai CH, Chang EE, Miao ZF, Wu CH, Lee WJ. Arsenic inhibits induction of cytochrome P450 1A1 by 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin in human hepatoma cells. J Hazardous Materials 137: 716-22, 2006.
7. Wang SL, Chang YC, Chao HR, Li CM, Li LA, Lin LY, and Päpke O. Body burdens of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins, dibenzofurans, and biphenyls and their relations to estrogen metabolism in pregnant women. Environ Health Perspect 114: 740-745, 2006.
8. Li LA*, Wang PW. PCB126 induces differential changes in androgen, cortisol, and aldosterone biosynthesis in human adrenocortical H295R cells. Toxicol Sci 85: 530-540, 2005.
(* = Corresponding Author)