Hsuan-Shu Lee, M.D.
Joint-appointed Associate Investigator
Institute of Cellular and Systems Medicine
EDUCATION-Ph.D., National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taiwan
-M.D., National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taiwan
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES- Joint-appointed Associate Investigator, Stem Cell Research Center, National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan (2006-present)
- Associate Professor, Institute of Biotechnology, National Taiwan University (2006-present)
- Clinical Associate Professor, National Taiwan University, College of Medicine, Taiwan (2004-2006)
- Clinical Assistant Professor, National Taiwan University, College of Medicine, Taiwan (1999-2004)
- Visiting staff, Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taiwan (1989 - present)
RESEARCH INTERESTSDr. Lee is currently interested in the processes of emergence, proliferating, migrating, and differentiation of liver progenitor cells. Some of the steps have been elucidated. Preliminary data also have disclosed important roles of several factors in the behaviors of these progenitor cells. Using these models, Dr. Lee started to investigate the possible roles of these progenitors in hepatocarcinogenesis, and also the underlying regulatory mechanisms.
RESEARCH ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTSDr. Lee has been the owner of awards as young investigator by Academia Sinica, of medical research by the New Century Health Care Promotion Foundation, and of excellent publication by Formosan Medical Association. He has published over 60 research articles, and is a reviewer for Hepatology, Liver International, and Journal of Biomedical Science.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS1. Liu Y, Chen HC, Lo W, Chiou LL, Huang GT, Dong CY, Lee HS*. Visualization of hepatobiliary excretory function by intravital multiphoton microscopy. J Biomed Optics (in press)
2. Lee HS, Teng SW, Chen HC, Lo W, Lin TY, Chiou LL, Jiang CC, Dong CY. Imaging human bone marrow stem cell morphogenesis in PGA scaffold by multiphoton microscopy. Tissue Eng 2006;12:2835-2841.
3. Lo W, Teng SW, Tang HY, Kim KH, Chen HC, Lee HS, Chen YF, So PT, Dong CY. Intact corneal stroma visualization of GFP mouse revealed by multiphoton imaging. Microsc Res Tech. 2006 Sep 13; [Epub ahead of print]
4. Lee CZ, Lee HS, Huang GT, Yang PM, Sheu JC. Detection of YMDD mutation using mutant-specific primers in chronic hepatitis B patients before and after lamivudine treatment. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:5301-5305.
5. Lee IN, Chen CH, Sheu JC, Lee HS, Huang GT, Chen DS, Yu CY, Wen CL, Lu FJ, Chow LP. Identification of complement C3a as a candidate biomarker in human chronic hepatitis C and HCV-related hepatocellular carcinoma using a proteomics approach. Proteomics 2006;6:2865-2873.
6. Lee IN, Chen CH, Sheu JC, Lee HS, Huang GT, Yu CY, Lu FJ, Chow LP. Identification of Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma-Related Biomarkers by Two-Dimensional Difference Gel Electrophoresis and Mass Spectrometry. J Proteome Res 2005;4:2062-2069.
7. Lee HS, Sherley JL, Chen JJW, Chiu CC, Chiou LL, Liang JD, Yang PC, Huang GT, Sheu JC. EMP-1 is a junctional protein in a liver stem cell line and in the liver. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2005;334:996-1003.