Yi-Wen Tsai, Ph.D.
Institute of Population Health Sciences
EDUCATIONPh.D., Health Services and Policy Analysis, University of California at Berkeley, USA
M.H.A., Health Administration, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
B.S., Nursing, National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES- Associate Investigator of Center for Health Policy Research and Development, National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan
- Associate Professor of Institute of Health and Welfare Policy, National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan
- Associate Investigator of Division of Health Policy Research, National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan
- Assistant Investigator of Division of Health Policy Research, National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan
- Researcher of market analysis at Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, USA
RESEARCH INTERESTSDr. Tsai's main research of interest include economic analysis on health insurance. Another field of interest is the economic analysis of tobacco taxation and substance abuse
RESEARCH ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTSDr. Tsai had been involved in cigarette taxation policy with governmental agents because of her academic achievement on academic articles on cigarette smoking. She was rewarded for tobacco control academic publication in 2004 and 2005.
HONORS & AWARDS- Excellent Article Award on Public Health, The 13th Professor Kung- Pei Chen Memorial Award (Social science) of Taiwan Public Health Association (?????????????????????????????? (?????)
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS1. Tsai YW, Huang WF, Wen YW, Chen PF. The relationship between influenza vaccination and outpatient visits for upper respiratory infection by the elderly in Taiwan. Value in Health, 10(2): 117-127, 2007.
2. Huang WF, Hsiao FY, Wen YW, Tsai YW. Cardiovascular Events Associated with the Use of Four NSAIDs (Etodolac, Nabumetone, Ibuprofen, or Naproxen) Versus a Cyclooxygenase-2 Inhibitor (Celecoxib): A Population-Based Analysis in Taiwanese Adults, Clinical Therapeutics, 28(11):1827-1836, 2006.
3. Chou YJ, Huang N, Lin IF, Deng CY, Tsai YW, Chen LS, Lee CH. Do physicians and their relatives have a decreased rate of caesarean section? A 4-year population-based study in Taiwan. Birth, 33(3): 195-202, 2006.
4. Huang WF, Hsiao FY, Tsai YW, Wen YW, Shih YT. Cardiovascular Events Associated with Long-term Use of Celecoxib, Refecoxib and Meloxicam in Taiwan: An Observational Study. Drug Safety, 29(3): 261-272, 2006.
5. Chu TB, Liu TC, Chen CS, Tsai YW, Chiu WT. Household out-of-Pocket medical expenditures and National Health Insurance in Taiwan: income and regional inequality. BMC Health Services Research 5:60, 2005.
6. Tsai YW, Chuang YC, Huang WF, See LC, Yang CL, Chen PF. The effect of changing reimbursement policies on quality of inpatient care, from fee-for-service to prospective payment. International Journal for Quality in Health Care. 17(5): 421-426, 2005.
7. Tsai YW, Yang CL, Chen CS, Liu TC, Chen PF. The effect of Taiwan's tax-induced increases in cigarette prices on brand-switching and the consumption of cigarettes. Health Economics. 14(6): 627-641, 2005.